Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A State of Exhaustion

If there was such a place I think I would be a permanant resident there this week. I am absolutely wiped out! I have been running around like a headless chicken since Monday morning wrapping up work, trying to get the house cleaned up and laundry done so we can pack and head to Illinois on Thursday morning for Renee and Bill's wedding.

My work load this week is much larger than normal due to an INSANELY busy week last week. That's the way it goes in this business... the guys work like dogs for a few days and then they have down time while I slave away behind my computer. Unfortunately my laptop batter has lost it's mojo in the past few weeks and I now only last approximately 30 minutes without my trusty plug. This throws a hitch in my usual pattern of working outside on the patio or at the park, at least for any extended period of time.

Outside of work I have accomplished a good portion of tasks that I set out to do, including 3 seperate trips to JCPenney to purchase, exchange and then return clothes for Mike which he refused to go shopping with me for, trips to 2 different Burlington Coat Factories to purchase a suit coat for Mike, because he does not own one, hasn't worn one in his adult life and AGAIN wouldn't go shopping with me. I used a very scientific method to determine his jacket size. First, Becky went through full suits and found one that had pants his size and saw what size the jacket was and then I proceeded to try on jackets of varying sizes and lengths to find one that was just a bit too large for me hoping that it would fit him. I also picked up Braden's tux, my dress, made 2 bank runs, got my nails done and a pedicure, stopped by the post office to mail a package, dropped my rings off at the jewelers for some TLC and sizing for the mother's ring I got for Christmas - and that was just today! Whew! No wonder I'm exhausted!

Tomorrow's agenda includes wrapping up billing for any work that has been completed before we head out of town, pray that we don't get hit with too much work, laundry, laundry, pack, laundry, pack, laundry, laundry. Of course the standard household and wifely duties, picking up my rings from the jewelwers and maybe running by Walmart to get a sleeping bag for Braden - because I promised.

For now it's off to get tomorrow's route together so I can get to bed BEFORE 2 am tonight... I could really use a good night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment