Monday, July 6, 2009

Not Me! Monday



This week I decided to take part in MckMama's "Not Me! Monday" blog carnival after many, many weeks and months of reading. I always get a tickle out of reading other people's posts so hopefully 1 or 2 of you will get a kick out of mine!

This past week, I certainly did NONE of the following...

I would never arm my 3 year old with a hose and a bucket of soapy water and "let" him wash the patio furniture knowing full well that he would wind up soaking wet and nothing would actually get clean in order to just keep him occupied in one place for a while.

I most certainly did not sit up until the wee hours of the early morning listening for sounds coming from the baby as he spent his first night in the crib in the boys' newly shared bedroom.

I definitely did not catch myself on a late night cleaning frenzy and stop to realize that I am becoming more and more like my Mother every day. I love my Mother, I would never think that!

I did not bribe Bubba into the bathtub with a popsicle and then allow him to eat said popsicle in the tub so he would be easily cleaned, nor did I give Peanut Brother his first taste of mexican food at the 4th of July carnival. Even if it WAS just a smidge of refried beans he has certainly not been introduced to table food yet and that would be a totally inappropriate first food!

Finally, it did NOT totally depress me as I folded Peanut Brother's clothes into a bag for the salvation army instead of his dresser because he has once again outgrown them. That would just be silly... Babies are supposed to grow bigger and I should relish the fact that our once tiny baby is growing into such a big guy!

Now, won't you please share a few of the thing you did NOT do this week? Trust me, it's fun AND it makes you feel a little better to air your dirty laundry... Well, if you had done any of those things that is...

Leave me a comment with your Not Me! Monday's or post your own blog and leave me the link so I can read all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment