Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Frustration!

I just need to blow off a little steam for a minute... I am so incredibly aggravated with my husband today. I'm not sure if he's truly being as inconsiderate and thoughtless as I feel like he is or if I am just stressed out and exaggerating the situation. Therefore I am trying my hardest not to argue with him but grrrrrrrrrrrr!.

As I mentioned before - I have been flying around like a (insert really fast bird here) trying to get everyone in our family ready to head to the Chicago area tomorrow morning. This morning when everyone got up it seemed like no one had energy left. The boys and I lazed around the living room watching movies, cuddling and snoozing for a few hours and Mike slugged off to the garage to... do whatever he does out there.

Once I was a bit more rejuvenated I got into the swing of my plans for the day which included lots of laundry, a few errands, a quick once over of the entire house (because I hate leaving and coming home to a dirty house) and tons of packing. Mike wandered in an out a few times dropping his signature "I'll be back in a little bit" line each time. This in and of itself makes me crazy. That's great honey, I now know that you are leaving however I have no clue where you are going, when you'll be back or if you are taking either of our children with you (which you should because you're not working and I could really use some help getting things together around here)! And even when pressed with questions the answers I recieve are less than what I desire for a response. For example:
Mike - I'll be back in a little bit.
Me - Where are you going?
Mike - Oh, by Johnny's shop for a little bit.
Me - Ok, why?
Mike - I'm going to help him do something and then we're going to go by a junkyard that someone he knows owns and look for a 3rd row seat and console for the Expedition.
Me - (thinking why is this a priority TODAY?) Ok, how long are you going to be? (read - I really need you here but I'm not going to be the one to TELL you what to do).
Mike - I don't know.

And that's the end of the conversation because he walks out the door. I know he's a man and I do try to give him the a bit of leniency because of that but honestly...

Then when he DOES finally come back home I run out leaving the kids with him to do my last minute errands because it's SO much faster and easier that way and what does he do? He proceeds to CALL ME 3 times in the 90 minutes I am gone bugging me about when I'll be back and where I am, what I'm doing and why. For goodness sake! Can I not get 2 hours to myself to just DO something without hiring someone to watch OUR children. Oh yes, I said OUR children? you had a part in making them, it will not kill you to take care of them for a little bit! And when I do return from my errands he is waiting for me on the porch and as soon as I start up the steps I get "I'll be back..." GRRRRRRRRR!

So he proceeds to go in and out for the next 2 1/2 hours doing whatever in the world he feels the need to do while I try and organize, pack, clean and get kids bathed and in bed. Of course during bath time we have a major melt-down. Both boys are crying and I can only be in one place at a time and I am frustrated from the day's happening as it is so I pick up my phone and call him to find out where the heck he is and when he's coming home to help me and he gives ME attitude - snapping at me with an "I'll be there in a minute" Again - GRRRRRR!

So now it's 11:00 at night and I'm buzzing around trying to get stuff done and he makes a couple sandwiches for the road tomorrow and then turns and heads for the living room. So I stop him and ask where he's going. He says, in here to sit down, why? I say, I was hoping you would help me get these dishes put away and load the dirty ones up in the dishwasher so I can get the kitchen clean. He says, Maybe in a minute. Oh right, in a minute... when I'm done with it!

*sigh* I don't know if writing all of this out helped or made it worse... In any case its done... I've retreated to the basement to wait for my next load of laundry and it sounds like it has just finished so I'm off to throw another one in, fold and put away what's coming out, pack and get cleaned up so I can hopefully get some sleep before we hit the road in the morning as I'm sure I'll be doing most of the driving...

I think I need a drink... Maybe I'll pull some of the rum from Renee's batchelorette party out of my freezer and make myself a rum and coke... well, pepsi because we don't have coke...

No comments:

Post a Comment